To provide coordination and completion of all phases for various projects, including coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
The Superintendent’s responsibility is to provide coordination and execution of all phases of work for various projects. This includes; coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Superintendent’s shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, job site safety and active execution of all project tasks with the field crew. In the performance of this function, it is the Superintendent’s responsibility to protect and promote LRT’s interests in all matters and to do whatever is reasonably necessary to discharge his or her duties and responsibilities.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Possess and maintain a current and valid driver’s license
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical issues both in the shop and the field preferred
- New Jersey N-2 Wastewater Treatment Operator License preferred
- Knowledge of multiple voltage – single and three phase preferred
- Knowledge of industrial controls, generators, transfer switches, and transformers preferred
- Capable of lifting a minimum of 50 pounds frequently
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER a plus but not required
- DOT Medical Card a plus but not required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule. Will include overtime, some overnights and on call hours as required
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills and a professional attitude
- Experience in dewatering, water treatment and/or environmental remediation is a plus
- Must also be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen
- Ability to comprehend and adhere to company health and safety requirements
- Ability to use hand and power tools. Mechanical, carpentry and plumbing skills are required.
- Ability to install and operate remediation systems. Operation & maintenance of water treatment system equipment including but not limited to remediation pumps, filters, vessels, media changeouts, etc.
- Shop work including but not limited to cleaning and maintaining shop and equipment, operating heavy equipment, preparation and mobilization/demobilization of jobs, loading media and equipment onto vehicles
The Superintendent reports to the New Jersey Branch Manager.
The Superintendent is an integral part of the Operations team, and works closely with:
- All Project Managers on delivery, quality and scheduling
- The Operations Manager for all work scheduling, escalation of issues, management of field staff
- The Field Technicians assigned to the project
- The Operations Manager and Shop Manager on all matters related to the shop and work assignment related to the shop and equipment
- The Office Manager on all administrative matters that have financial impact
- The Manager of the New Jersey office for all work performed in the NJ/NY region
- Project Field Leadership: Establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships of the on-site staff of field technicians and to promote a positive project morale.
- Contract Adherence and Understanding: To have a thorough and complete knowledge and understanding of the LRT Contract, the contract drawings, specifications and addenda, and to assist the Project Manager in the development of the on-site procedures, where required.
- Contract Field Design: To examine the contract drawings, specifications and addenda for design deficiencies, impractical details and possible code violations, and to bring these to the attention of the Project Manager who will review.
- Project Schedules: To assist the Project Manager in the development and refinement of the Project Schedule, and to work with the Project Manager to keep the schedules properly updated, and to see that the job meets the various required dates.
- Project Collaboration: To plan and review the Project with the Project Manager including quality control procedures, safety and security practices, field office location and layout, temporary utilities, staging areas, equipment and manpower.
- Subcontractor Oversight: To verify that each Subcontractor has completed his contractual requirements as condition precedent to beginning his work at the jobsite. To receive and review the Subcontractors Reports of work done and labor and material employed.
- Regulatory Cooperation: To cooperate with, and direct when necessary, the activities of the inspection agencies, and to effect remedial actions indicated by the reports of these agencies.
- Project Meetings: To conduct coordination meetings and safety meetings with the field staff and subcontractors.
- Field Staff Oversight and Administration: To review and approve all time and material work vouchers and invoices.
- Project Administration: To review all slips to ensure shipments are completes. Save slips for project manager. To satisfy all administrative requirements of the field work in cooperation with the Office Manager and Office Assistant where applicable.
- Health and Safety: To ensure that all the company’s Health and Safety standards are met by all field technicians and – as applicable – any subcontractors, to include toolbox meetings and incident reporting. (Refer to LRT Safety Manual for all other Health and Safety responsibilities)
- Equipment Handling and Returns: To ensure the proper maintenance of in-field equipment and delivering it back to the shop in full adherence to the company’s standards for equipment cleanliness and readiness. To take instruction from the Shop and Operations Manager for all equipment handling issues.
MEASUREMENT AND REPORTING
The Superintendent’s performance measures shall include:
- Reaching of project objectives on time and within budget
- Good feedback from clients
- Meeting of administrative requirements for all project matters
- Health and Safety incidents
- Staff turnover of Field Staff
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The company pays competitive salaries, provides medical and dental benefits, company vehicle, cell phone, 401K, profit sharing and paid time off (PTO). This is a full-time position. This job works out of the company’s office in Prospect Park, NJ.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements here: