JOB TITLE: SUPERINTENDENT – New Jersey
LRT is seeking an experienced, positive and self-motivated Superintendent to join our growing Lawrenceville, NJ office. The position is full time and permanent. Preferred candidates will have a general working knowledge of construction and remediation projects based in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Skills & Qualifications
- General working knowledge of construction skills required.
- Basic Plumbing Skills – Experience working with PVC, HDPE and metal pipe.
- Basic Electrical Skills – Knowledge of multiple voltages, industrial controls, generators, transfer switches, and transformers.
- Basic working knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Basic Forklift, Boomlift and General Rigging Experience
- Dewatering and Wastewater Treatment Experience a plus
- Licensed New Jersey N1, N2 or N3 wastewater treatment operator a plus
- Experience with Construction and Environmental Health & Safety a plus.
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER – preferred
- OSHA 10-Hour Construction Safety Training – preferred
- DOT Medical Card -preferred
- Possess and maintain a current and valid driver’s license
- Must also be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen
- Ability to work a flexible schedule. Will include overtime, some overnights and on call hours as required.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills and a professional attitude.
- Ability to comprehend and adhere to company health and safety requirements.
- With adequate training after being hired, be able to install and operate remediation systems including but not limited to pumps, filters, vessels, media changeouts, etc.
- Shop work including but not limited to cleaning and maintaining shop and equipment, operating heavy equipment, preparation and mobilization/demobilization of jobs.
- Management of junior staff primarily LRT technicians
- Complete management of LRT’s projects from the field including the management of subcontractors and LRT field technicians.
- Project Field Leadership: Establish and maintain effective working relationships of the on-site staff of field technicians and to promote a positive project morale.
- Contract Adherence and Understanding: To have a thorough and complete knowledge and understanding of the LRT Contract, the contract drawings, specifications and addenda, and to assist the Project Manager in the development of the on-site procedures, where required.
- Project Schedules: To assist the Project Manager in the development and refinement of the Project Schedule, and to work with the Project Manager to keep the schedules properly updated, and to see that the job meets the various required dates.
- Project Collaboration: To plan and review the Project with the Project Manager including quality control procedures, safety and security practices, field office location and layout, temporary utilities, staging areas, equipment and manpower.
- Project Meetings: To conduct coordination meetings and safety meetings with the field staff and subcontractors.
- Field Staff Oversight and Administration: To review and approve all time and material work vouchers and invoices.
- Project Administration: To review all slips to ensure shipments are completes. Save slips for project manager. To satisfy all administrative requirements of the field work in cooperation with the Office Manager and Office Assistant where applicable.
- Health and Safety: To ensure that all the company’s Health and Safety standards are met by all field technicians and – as applicable – any subcontractors, to include toolbox meetings and incident reporting. (Refer to LRT Safety Manual for all other Health and Safety responsibilities)
- Equipment Handling and Returns: To ensure the proper maintenance of in-field equipment and delivery back to the shop in full adherence to the company’s standards for equipment cleanliness and readiness.
Measurement & Reporting
The Superintendent’s performance measures shall include:
- Reaching of project objectives on time and within budget
- Good feedback from clients
- Consistent adherence to LRT and Client Health and Safety policies
Compensation & Benefits
The company pays competitive salaries, provides medical and dental benefits, a company vehicle, cell phone, 401K, profit sharing and paid time off (PTO).